Tell us a little about yourselves!
I’m Sam from Cheshire, England and my girlfriend’s Monica from New York, USA. We’re both YouTubers that vlog about our LDR and we run a social media management company together!
My socials are @iSamPatterson and my girlfriend’s are @MonicaGartner
How did you two meet?
We met the craziest way – basically Monica flew to the UK (London) to visit a mutual friend in Scotland, Emmy, but Emmy had exams at college so she couldn’t travel down to London to see Monica (about 7 hours away from each other). So, as I was in London at the time, Emmy asked me if I could help Monica on a train to Scotland! So I met her at the train station and it was instant chemistry. Like it was absolutely crazy. Instead of putting her on a train to Scotland, I asked her out for lunch and we ended up staying in London together for a few days before spontaneously flying off to South France where I asked her to be my girlfriend 5 days later – almost two and a half years ago!
What was it like transitioning to a long distance relationship?
It’s crazy I didn’t even think of the distance when I asked her to be my girlfriend I just knew I wanted this girl haha. But we spent a few weeks around Europe together before she finally flew back to see Emmy! Then the next month I flew over to New York to visit her for her birthday and that’s when we knew it was serious and that we’d be travelling back and forth for a long time! It was during that trip on her birthday that I told her I love her 🙂
What are your favourite things to do together?
There’s so many!! We work together which is super cool but I love just hanging out, filming YouTube videos, lying in bed going through crazy videos and memories on our phones, travelling the world and so much more.
Do you have any plans to close the distance?
YES. We’re not planning on getting married for a few years but, when we do, we want to settle down in Florida 🙂
What is some advice you’d like to give the readers of LDD?
Hmm, my advice is always stay honest with each other and treat each other as if you’re trying to get each other – so don’t take your relationship for granted and get lazy! FaceTime dates are cute and online games and stuff when you’re apart and just count down the days until you’re together again 🙂
- Thank you Sam & Monica for sharing your story!
Click here for more LDR Stories!
- International LDR: Sam & Monica - May 11, 2018
- 5 Tips for Having Unforgettable Reunions With Your LDR Partner - May 4, 2018
- Our Honest Review of Distance -The Webseries - April 24, 2018
- Intranational LDR: Lauren and John – Gaming & Cosplay - April 20, 2018
- 8 Long Distance Relationship Gifts for Anytime of Year - April 2, 2018
- Long Distance Relationship Stories: The 9Gag Love Story - March 19, 2018
- Valentine’s Day for Long Distance Relationships - February 11, 2018
- Distance – The Must-Watch Webseries of 2018! - January 1, 2018
- How to Celebrate the Holidays Online - December 23, 2017
- Closing the Distance & Life Post-LDR: Kristen & Seth - December 6, 2017