By: Emilia (Welcome to the team! Watch out for her articles this year!)
Being away from your partner can be super hard, and seeing couples holding hands and spending time together can make you want to hop on a plane and visit your partner ASAP. This gets worse when it comes to holidays and special dates like Valentine’s Day.
But even though you’ll be miles away from your partner you can always make the most of it and have a romantic 14th of February.
Here are 6 ideas to celebrate this special day:
💕 SEND A CARE PACKAGE
Send a box full of love to your special someone! You can either buy it online and have it delivered or you can make it yourself, which can make the present even more special. Even if you’re coming up with ideas a little late this year, don’t worry about the package arriving late. Better late than never!
Here are two websites for pre-made care packages: http://www.carepackages.com/ShopBy/Holiday–Valentines-Day https://www.ldrcarepackage.com/
And some inspiration for a DIY care package: https://goo.gl/qsaiJB
💕 OTHER GIFT IDEAS
Continuing with the idea of sending a gift, there are other things you can pick that can be cheaper, a great option to send it with a card and some sweets or even with a care package. Again, you can pick between buying something or make it yourself, there are tons of ideas on the Internet:
– Keychains of each other’s locations (link)
– Mugs with a romantic message (link)
– Scrapbook of your favorite memories, or things you want to do together. Check out our DIY post on how to make a memory book here!
– A creative jar
💕 WATCH A MOVIE TOGETHER
This is always a great activity to do on special dates, it makes you feel like you’re together for a little bit and it’s good if you can’t afford buying a gift. You can use Rabb.it which is a site to watch movies and videochat at the same time, you can also go with the usual and synchronize during a Skype call.
Another unique way to view movies together is Cineplex’s special Valentine’s Day offer, where they have synced up movie times so LDR couples can watch a movie at the same time in a text-friendly showing! Here are the deets: https://www.cineplex.com/News/Cineplexs-movie-date-Calling-all-long-distance-lovebirds
Grab some snacks and pick a movie super romantic movie or even a romantic comedy!
Here’s a list of cheesy roms we like:
– Valentine’s Day
– The Notebook
– La La Land
– 500 Days of Summer
– Love Actually
💕 SEND A CUTE VIDEO TO YOUR PARTNER
Make a video of yourself telling your partner what are the things you like the most about him/her, expressing your love or just wishing a happy Valentine’s Day. It will be a sweet memory you can re-watch in a couple of years and remember that special occasion.
💕 HAVE AN ONLINE DINNER DATE
Having a romantic dinner with your partner over videochat can be a sweet way to spend Valentine’s, you can decide on a plate and even have the same food. And to make it more romantic, play some music in the background. You can listen to each other’s playlist at the same time on Discord.
💕 ASK EACH OTHER DEEP QUESTIONS
Distance: The Series released a list of 20 questions you and your partner could ask each other over video call while you cheese it out on Valentine’s Day. Here’s the list.
Happy Valentine’s Day from our team !
- International LDR: Sam & Monica - May 11, 2018
- 5 Tips for Having Unforgettable Reunions With Your LDR Partner - May 4, 2018
- Our Honest Review of Distance -The Webseries - April 24, 2018
- Intranational LDR: Lauren and John – Gaming & Cosplay - April 20, 2018
- 8 Long Distance Relationship Gifts for Anytime of Year - April 2, 2018
- Long Distance Relationship Stories: The 9Gag Love Story - March 19, 2018
- Valentine’s Day for Long Distance Relationships - February 11, 2018
- Distance – The Must-Watch Webseries of 2018! - January 1, 2018
- How to Celebrate the Holidays Online - December 23, 2017
- Closing the Distance & Life Post-LDR: Kristen & Seth - December 6, 2017