There are some things we want to do before we die and some are just little things we want to do by the end of the day. Regardless of the deadline, I think we can all agree that we have some sort of bucket list.
When my partner and I started dating we were young and inexperienced and always talked about the things we wanted to do together. After a while we started to write them down and it was so fun! Most of the things on our list were about doing the most ordinary things ever. Like I never thought “go grocery shopping with you” would end up on my bucket list, but there it was! Ok, ok so our list was very cheesy and full of super mushy romantic stuff, but there are some real benifits of creating something like this together!
Why you need a bucket list together
See each other’s relationship goals
So the cheesy stuff might not be on the top of your list, but I do think they can be important to add. Being in a long distance relationship means you don’t get the little things too often. Reminding yourself that they’re important and getting to cross them off feels so good!
See each other’s long and short term goals
Sometimes we don’t know what we want or what our partner wants. Thinking about these things and talking about them together can help you see what you want now and later. It’s good to be on the same page, and know what each of your hopes for the future.
See the future as a team
Going on adventures and sharing experiences can strengthen and deepen a relationship. Planning and doing things together reinforces that your relationship is collaborative and that you’re in it together!
Making a bucket list is planning for the future together. That’s really something uplifting, and making plans is sometimes all you have when you’re hundreds of miles away. Having so many beautiful things to look forward to really puts a positive spin on things!
There are so many types of lists that you could make together.
- A romantic list full of things to do when you’re finally together.
- A travel list full of all the places you’ve never been together.
- A cheesy list full of things to do before meeting or seeing each other again.
The possibilities are endless! And the great thing is you can always start a new list or add on when you’re done!
So whatever you want to call it – a bucket list, a wish list, a life list – get to brainstorming with your partner!
If you’re stuck thinking of ideas feel free to checkout ldrbucketlist on tumblr, or the free downloads we have for you.
If you have some suggestions feel free to post some comments below and we can brainstorm together!
- Click the links below for your LDR bucket list freebies!
- Why You Should Make a Bucket List in a Long Distance Relationship - December 5, 2018
- How to Send Gifts Without A Mailing Address - December 19, 2017
- Are Online Relationships “In Real Life”? - October 29, 2017
- How to Deal with Arguments in a Long Distance Relationship - August 19, 2017
- DIY: Balloon Countdown To Your Long-Distance Love - June 25, 2017
- Long Distance Relationship Movies You’ve Probably Never Seen - May 22, 2017
- Things NOT to Say to Someone in a Long Distance Relationship - April 29, 2017
- How to Survive Long-Haul Flights - April 1, 2017
- Do’s & Don’ts of International Shipping - February 1, 2017
- Cute, Fun & Helpful Apps for Long Distance Couples - January 7, 2017