Struggling to come up with some new homemade gifts? Sometimes the classics are the best. One of my favourites is the ’52 Reasons I Love You’, because it’s a simple way of communicating how you feel to your partner, allows your creative side to flourish, and can be used on its own, or even incorporated into many other gift ideas.
So, what do you need?
- A pack of cards
- Coloured Pens
- Other Decorations (stickers, pictures, etc.)
- Scissors & Glue
It’s as simple as that!
Now, you need to find some content for those cards… which is harder than you’d think. Yes, I know you love and adore your partner, but coming up with 52 different reasons is tough. Don’t just limit it to reasons that you love them, but also think about how they make you feel, and the various ways in which they make you happy. Once you have the content ready, get creative! Use different coloured pens, use various forms of decorations, different fonts, styles, make it personal for your partner.
I like this gift because of its simplicity, but also the meaning it can have. It’s probably more suitable for an anniversary, but can be just as applicable at any other time. I also like that the possibilities with this gift are endless; you don’t just have to write reasons that you love them.
Need some ideas to fill up those 52 cards? Here’s a few:
Pictures of you together
Your favourite quotes
A bucket list of things you want to do together
Reasons why you love them
Your favourite moments together
Favourite love poems
Short love letters
Short letters from people they love (friends, family, etc.)
52 coupons they can redeem
Riddles they have to solve to get a small prize, or a large prize for solving all of them.
As I mentioned before, you can also incorporate this gift into other. One of our writers Kai wrote here about creating a memory book, and these cards could very easily be used as a form of decoration within that. You can also be creative in the way that you present this gift to your partner!
You can give them all at one, give them in bunches, even one at a time. You can hide them in a card, lay them around your partners house to find, have fun with it!
- 30 Days Long Distance Diaries Challenge Answers Pt 3 - October 8, 2017
- 30 Days Long Distance Diaries Challenge Answers Pt 2 - October 5, 2017
- 30 Days Long Distance Diaries Challenge Answers Pt 1 - October 1, 2017
- EVENT: September 30 Day Long Distance Diaries Challenge - August 31, 2017
- LDR Gift Idea: Custom Deck of Cards (with unique ideas!) - July 23, 2017
- How to Effectively Save Money in Your LDR - June 4, 2017
- Advice for Those New to Long Distance Relationships - April 15, 2017
- Advice for Keeping on Top of the Distance - March 11, 2017
- Coping and Mental Health in a LDR - February 11, 2017
- The Perks of a Long Distance Relationship - January 11, 2017